Labor and Workmanship Warranty
Artisan Luthiers® provides a 45-day warranty on labor and workmanship withstanding certain exceptions noted in this Warranty Statement, noted on your Estimate scope-of-work, or Work Authorization Agreement. (i.e., we do not warranty "tuning strings".
Parts and Supplies Warranty
Artisan Luthiers® does not provide warranties on products, parts, components, supplies or materials fabricated, manufactured or otherwise produced by third-party companies, suppliers or vendors. When any third-party vendor, supplier or manufacturer has a written warranty on a product, part, component, or material the warranty shall be provided to our customer as only a potential pass-through warranty. All items covered by a pass-through warranty are subject to the specific terms and conditions of the provider of said warranty.
Artisan Luthiers® is not responsible for any support or participation in filing, managing or resolving claims or issues with third-party warranties. Artisan Luthiers reserves the right to charge our Customer an appropriate amount to replace, repair,or install any product, part, component, device or material required to rectify a warranty claim.
Factory & Manufacturer Warranties
For warranty information on new guitars we have a list of links to the websites of major guitar manufacturers. Use the following link to access a list of links leading to guitar manufacturers warranty coverage
Specific Exclusions to Our Warranties
Artisan Luthiers® specifically DOES NOT WARRANTY work which is normally considered "temporary" and/or "consumable".
Examples of items not covered under are warranty include, but are not limited to:
- Tuning of Strings: guitar strings typically require re-tuning almost every time you play your guitar. This is normal as strings stretch, become dirty or otherwise have physical changes that affect tone.
- Intonation: Setting intonation is a maintenance item, not done as often as tuning strings but intonation will change even with the best workmanship to set intonation.
- Cleaning and Polishing: Obviously handling, storage methods and atmospheric conditions are causes for cleaning and polishing to be diminished or otherwise altered.
- Guitar Strings: Guitar strings "wearing out" or breaking is completely normal and customary.
- Abuse, Damage or Alterations: Abuse, damage or alterations to our work, including parts installed, shall void any warranty of any and all services provided relative to the problematic situation.
Customer Furnished Parts or Supplies
All customer provided parts, components, supplies, and materials to be used as part of a service agreement with Artisan Luthiers, if accepted for use, are received and used "As-Is", with any and all faults and without any obligation upon Artisan Luthiers to inspect or otherwise assess the suitability, fitment or proper working condition of said items. Artisan Luthiers does not offer a warranty of any kind, express or implied, for said items. Our written warranty statement, notations or limitations of liability supercede any real or perceived verbal communications of informal messaging.
Last updated April 15, 2019
Online Payment Security
Online payments made to us (via our website, PayPal, Reverb, e-Bay, etc.) utilize encryption to assure safe and secure transactions. Unless you directly provide credit card information to our company we will not have have your credit card number, CCV security code, expiration date or similar information.