Guitar Repair & Services
We bring out the best feel and sound in any electric guitar, bass guitar, acoustic guitar, mandolin, ukulele, banjo, dulcimer, and classic vintage guitars!
Your Local Guitar Repair Shop in Kennesaw
If you need guitar repair, setup, maintenance or mods in Atlanta we are a convenient guitar shop. Located in Kennesaw, we're only minutes away for people in Marietta, Woodstock, Acworth, Cartersville, Canton, and other nearby Cobb, Cherokee, Bartow communities.
We offer friendly service, reasonable pricing and prompt turnaround. From guitar tech work to luthier services we will take good care of your instrument and get it back to you as quick as reasonably possible. We're a top-rated local guitar setup and repair shop that specializes in electric guitars, electric bass guitars, acoustic guitars, mandolins, and vintage guitar restoration.
PROMPT TURN-AROUND & ACTIVE COMMUNICATION! Our average time to complete guitar setups and basic repairs is only 4-7 days. During our work process we can be reached via phone, text, or email.
WANT AN APPOINTMENT? Contact Us Online or text 770-654-3223
Full Service Repair Shop
We are a full service guitar repair shop. Our guitar tech specialists offer guitar repair services including wiring repair, soldering, nut work, fret work, and bridge repair. We can repair or replace tuning machine heads, pickups, selector switches, output jacks, control knobs, pots and caps).
We offer OEM parts, and quality aftermarket parts by top guitar parts suppliers such as Fender, Seymour-Duncan, Lace, DiMarzio, Graph Tech, Grover, CTS, and others. As luthiers we have the woodworking and electrical skills necessary for guitar work requiring wiring repair, router work, enlarging cavities, filling, enlarging, sleeving holes.
Guitar Tech Prices and Luthier Services Costs
We offer free estimates. Our minimum bench charge is $30.
Guitar tech services bench rate is $75 per hour, or billed as a flat rate cost for a defined scope-of-work.
Luthier services shop rate is $75 per hour, or billed as a flat rate cost for a defined scope-of-work.
What Guitar Brands Do We Service?
Artisan Luthiers repairs and services all brands and models of acoustic and electric guitars and bass guitars. We can handle custom string sets, and non-standard tuning including Requinto setups.
We provide services for: Alembic, Alvarez, BC Rich, Bass Mods, Breedlove, Charvel, D'Angelico, Danelectro, Dean, Dingwall, Eastman, Epiphone, ESP, Fender, Gibson, Ibanez, Jackson, Ken Smith, Kiesel, Martin, LTD, Fernandes, G&L, Godin, Gretsch, Guild, Harley Benton, Hofner, Lakland, Marcus Miller, Music Man, Michael Tobias Design, Nash, Pedulla, PRS, Rickenbacker, Sadowsky, Schecter, Spector, Squier, Suhr, Takamine, Taylor, Tobias, Wal, Warwick, Washburn, Yamaha, and other brands of stringed instruments.
Check out our guitar projects page to see examples of what we can do for you.
Guitar Shop Services and Prices
We do a wide variety of work on guitars, ranging from repairs, maintenance, and setups to circuit repairs, upgrades, and replacing pickups and hardware. Here is a short list of our most requested services:
- Electric Guitar Setup Inspect (and adjust if necessary) truss rod (neck relief), string action, pickup height, tuning machine heads, string trees, nut, bridge, saddles, output jack, control knobs, selector switches for functionality. Wipe down guitar body, fretboard, and neck. (We do not attempt to clean or polish satin finishes.). Polish frets and condition (uncoated fretboard). Tune and intonate with a Peterson benchtop tuner.
Guitar Setup cost only $90 + cost of strings (Add-on charge for Floyd Rose setup) Explore Guitar Setup
- Bass Guitar Setup Inspect (and adjust if necessary) truss rod (neck relief), string action, pickup height, tuning machine heads, nut, bridge, saddles, output jack, and control knobs for functionality. Wipe down bass body, fretboard, and neck. (We do not attempt to clean or polish satin finishes.). Polish frets and condition (uncoated fretboard). Install and bass guitar strings. Tune and intonate with a Peterson benchtop tuner.
Bass Setup cost only $90 + cost of strings Explore Bass Guitar Setup
- Acoustic Guitar Setup Inspect/adjust neck relief via truss rod (if so equipped), string action, tuning machine heads, nut, bridge, saddle, for proper functionality. Wipe down guitar body, fretboard, and neck. (We do not attempt to clean or polish satin finishes.). Polish frets and condition (uncoated fretboard). We are very proficient at being able to lower action. (We also offer Bridge Doctor installation, bridge resets, bone nuts and saddles)
Acoustic Setup cost only $90 + cost of strings Explore Acoustic Guitar Setup
- Guitar Jack Repair & Replacement We offer guitar output jack repair and replacement. We can troubleshoot and correct problems with no sound, scratchy or static crackling, loose jacks, stripped screw holes, and related guitar output jack problems.
Prices start at $40 for labor (plus cost of jack) Explore Guitar Jack Repair
- Nut & Saddle We offer guitar nut and acoustic saddle replacement services. We cut, custom fit and install bone nuts. We can install metal, graphite, composite and synthetic guitar nuts. (We recommend hand cut bone nuts / saddles $90). Other nut repair services include reset loose nuts and resizing string slots to accommodate larger strings. When we replace a guitar nut we check/cut string slots to fit your preferred string sizes.
Prices start at $90 for labor (plus cost of guitar nut) Explore Guitar Nut Repair
- Guitar Tuner Repair & Replacement We offer guitar tuner repair and tuning machine replacement services. We offer luthier services to enlarge, fill / re-drill tuner holes, install tuner bushings, plus fill / re-drill mounting screw holes. We can tighten loose, or replace missing, knobs and screws.
Prices start at $75 for labor (add cost of tuners, re-sizing holes, etc.). Explore Guitar Tuner Repair & Replacement
- Restring Guitar - 6 String Electric Remove and replace strings on a standard 6 string electric guitar using Ernie Ball Super Slinky 9-42 nickel wound guitar strings. Guitar will be tuned after installation of new strings. Other guitar string brands and sizes available (may affect the price). *Nut work for changing string sizes not included.
Guitar String Replacement starting at $40 Explore Guitar String Repair
- Restring Guitar - 4 String Electric Bass Remove and replace strings on a standard 4 string electric bass guitar using Ernie Ball Roundwound 45-105. Bass guitar will be tuned after installation of new strings. Other bass string sizes and brands available (may affect the price).*Nut work for changing string sizes not included.
Bass String Replacement starting at $40 Explore Bass String Repair
- Conductive Shielding Professionally apply conductive shielding paint or copper shielding tape in body cavities to minimize RF electrical interference. We use copper foil shielding tape for pickguards and cover plates.
Guitar Conductive Shielding cost starts at only $75 Explore Guitar Conductive Shielding
- Fret Level, Crown & Polish (LCP) Our fret level, crown and polish service includes dressing fret ends. We can correct common problems such as high frets, rough fret ends, divots, and severely worn frets. Using specially designed luthier tools we will "level", then "crown" (round-off the top of the frets), and then use a multi-step process to "polish" (smooth out the fret wire). This service includes installing new strings.
Prices start at $225 for nickel fret wire. *Add for stainless frets, fretboard with binding. Explore Guitar Fret Repair
- Full Refrets & Partial Refrets Remove and replace frets with your size choice of nickel fret wire. Includes level, crown, polish frets, and setup. Prices vary depending on type of guitar, binding, etc.
- Dress Fret Ends We can dress sharp fret ends, spot dress frets with high spots, and generally work on making frets smooth to improve playability. This service includes hand-polishing frets.
Prices vary depending on type of guitar, condition of frets, and overall scope-of-work.
Guitar Repair Prices and Parts
We offer extremely competitive prices for guitar repair, maintenance and customizing. Unless otherwise specified, all prices shown on our website do not include the price for parts. We offer an extremely wide selection of manufacturers brand name (OEM) parts and after-market parts. We can help you select the best guitar parts for you needs and budget. We stock circuit parts, and can special order parts for other guitar services.
Call us for your guitar service needs! We are confident you'll love what we do for you!
Why People Call Artisan Luthiers
Many of our customers are referred to us. Other people first call us after doing searches such as "guitar repair near me" or similar searches for luthiers in Marietta, Kennesaw, Woodstock, Acworth, and Atlanta.
People call again because they experienced our commitment to doing quality repair, at reasonable prices, with friendly customer service.
Guitar Repair Links
Quality Parts & Suppliers
We accept cash, checks, crypto, debit cards and credit cards. For credit card payments we accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express.
Premier Setup for electric 6-string guitar: $90 + cost of guitar strings.
- Inspect tuning machines, string trees, string nut, bridge, saddles, jack, knobs.
- Check neck relief/truss rod, string action, pickup height
- Check electronics for proper functioning: jack, control knobs, switches, pickups.
- Install new guitar strings and tune guitar.
- Check intonation (adjust if necessary)
- Wipe down guitar body and neck. Polish frets. Apply oil conditioner to fretboard. *We do not attempt to clean or polish satin finishes.
Premier setup for electric 4-string or 5-string bass: $90 + cost of bass guitar strings.
- Inspect tuning machines, string guide, nut, bridge, saddles, jack, knobs.
- Check neck relief/truss rod, string action, pickup heights
- Check electronics for proper functioning: jack, control knobs, pickups.
- Install new bass guitar strings and tune guitar.
- Check intonation (adjust as required)
- Wipe down bass body and neck. Polish frets. Apply wood conditioner to "dark wood" fretboard. *We do not attempt to clean or polish satin finishes.
Guitar Circuit Parts
We furnish OEM and quality aftermarket parts with complete installation services. All parts orders must be paid for in-full at time of placing order. Parts are covered by only pass-through warranties as may be available from respective manufacturers. We guarantee our labor for 30 days (not tuning of strings).
- Pickup Installation: Single Coil, Humbuckers | Seymour-Duncan, Fender, EMG, Lollar, Gibson, others.
- Output Jacks: 1/4" 6.3mm, Mono, TRS, Stereo | Pure Tone and Switchcraft
- Switches: Blade, Toggle, Blender | Fender, CRL, Switchcraft, Emerson
- Pots and Caps: CTS 25k 250k 500k Pots, .100 .022 .033 .047 Orange Drop Caps, Paper-in-Oil, Poly, and some specialty capacitors.
- Cavity Shielding: Conductive Shielding Paint & Copper Shielding Tape
- Wiring / Rewiring: 22 AWG Braided Circuit Wire / Vintage Cloth Push Back Wire, Soldering (clean soldering and tidy wire routing with ties)
Need something else? Give us a call and learn how we can help you with other guitar electronics needs. Pricing varies depending on the parts selected.
We furnish OEM and quality aftermarket parts with complete installation services. All parts orders must be paid for in-full at time of placing order. Parts are covered by only any pass-through warranties as may be available from respective manufacturers. We guarantee our labor for 30 days.
- Tuners: Standard Locking Chrome Black | Grover Gotoh Fender Gibson Hipshot
- String Trees: Chrome Black Gold | GraphTech TUSQ Fender LSR Grover
- String Nut: Bone, Brass, Zero Glide | Fender GraphTech TUSQ Grover
- Bridge & Saddles: Chrome Gold Black Roller Vintage | Fender GraphTech Babicz Schaller
- Control Knobs: Ivory Black Gold Chrome Black Tophat Dome Metal | Q-Parts, Fender, Gibson
- Strap Buttons: Chrome Black Locking | Dunlop, Schaller, Grover, Waverly, Fender
- Tremolo Systems: Trem Blocks Springs | Floyd Rose Callaham Fender Mastery Super-Vee BladeRunner
Need something else? Give us a call and learn how we can help you with other guitar hardware needs. Pricing varies depending on the parts selected.