Acoustic Guitar Setup and Repair
A professional acoustic guitar setup, aside how well you play, is how your guitar delivers the richest sound quality. A guitar set up balances the numerous settings that affect tuning, tone, and playability.
If you need acoustic guitar repair you should explore our acoustic guitar luthier services.
How Does a Setup Improve My Acoustic Guitar?
An acoustic guitar setup effectively balances the numerous settings between the parts of your guitar. This enables proper tone and resolves playability problems such as incorrect intonation, fret buzz, fret out, rough fret ends, incorrect string height and pickup height. Inspecting and cleaning keeps your guitar looking great and can uncover hidden or potential problems.
What is Included in an Acoustic Guitar Setup?
An acoustic guitar setup is a formal process which requires multiple steps and procedures. To complete a more precise guitar setup our shop utilizes a Korg strobe digital tuner. We will inspect key components and, based on what we find, make necessary adjustments. Often, items such as your bridge, saddle, or piezo may need adjustment. We tailor our services to your playing style and preferences.
Get the Professional Setup You Need
Our acoustic setups include both making your acoustic or electric-acoustic guitar play well and have it looking its best - for a much better price and turnaround time than a big-box guitar center or guitar store. We take the time to carefully inspect and fine tune your guitar. We don't cut corners just to rush your instrument through our shop.
Our Acoustic Inspection and Setup
We could call this a 20 POINT INSPECTION, we just don't list the inspection apart from the work.
- Check condition of wood
- Check/adjust bridge and saddles
- Check/adjust string radius and action
- Check/adjust piezo (if so equipped)
- Check/adjust tightness on tuning machine heads
- Check nut and lube slots
- Polish fret wire and condition fretboard
- Install new guitar strings
- Calibrate tuning and intonation
- Clean and polish body
Acoustic Guitar Setup Cost
Our acoustic guitar setup prices are among the most affordable setups in north metro Atlanta. For your convenience we offer pickup and delivery service within a 12 mile radius of our guitar repair shop in Kennesaw.
- Fender Acoustic Guitar Setup (6-string) $75 + guitar strings.
- Gibson Acoustic Guitar Setup (6-string) $75 + guitar strings.
- Taylor Acoustic Guitar Setup (6-string) $75 + guitar strings.
- Martin Acoustic Guitar Setup (6-string) $75 + guitar strings.
- Ibanez Acoustic Guitar Setup (6-string) $75 + guitar strings.
- Yamaha Acoustic Guitar Setup (6-string) $75 + guitar strings.
- Other Acoustic Guitar Brands (6-string) $75 min. + guitar strings.
How often should you get an acoustic guitar setup?
For the average person, a guitar setup should be done on your guitar approximately 1-2 times per year. This number could change quite a bit if you play a lot or your guitar is subject to temperature and humidity fluctuations. Since a setup is done to improve sound and playability you should get a setup, at least a checkup, anytime things don't seem right. If you notice that the sound of your guitar sounds odd it probably does need some form of technical adjustments.
Request an Acoustic Guitar Setup
Call 678-402-6739 or send us a message to set an appointment for your acoustic guitar setup. We offer prompt turnaround, and deliver results that will make you smile.
Korg Tuner - Perfect Intonation
Acoustic Guitar Services
Acoustic Guitar Repair
We offer a wide range of services to maintain and repair acoustic guitars. Among our services for acoustic guitar owners are:
- Tuner Repair and Replacement
- Nut Repair and Replacement
- Acoustic Guitar Fret Work
- Neck Repair
- Bridge and Saddle Repair
- Piezo and Pickup Repair
- Wood and Finish Repairs
- Cleaning and Maintenance
We accept cash, debit and major credit cards.