Bass Guitar Setup
A professional bass guitar setup, aside from your playing skills, is how you get the best sound from your bass. A bass set up balances the numerous settings that affect tuning, tone, and playability.
If you need bass guitar repair you should explore our bass guitar luthier services.
What Does a Setup Do for My Bass?
A professional bass setup effectively balances the numerous settings between the parts of your bass guitar. A setup delivers proper tone and resolves playability issues. We can properly set intonation, manage fret buzz, dress fret ends, reset string action and pickup heights. Inspecting and cleaning keeps your bass looking great plus it gives us time to identify existing or potential problems.
What is Included in a Bass Setup?
A bass setup is technical process using a number of guitar tech specialty tools. For pinpoint accuracy in tuning your bass we use a Korg strobe digital tuner. We inspect major components and make necessary mechanical adjustments as needed. Often, parts such as a truss rod do not need to be adjusted. We use factory setup specifications as our benchmark for every bass setup. We can adjust your bass setup to accomodate your playing style and preferences.
Our bass guitar setup includes both making your guitar play well and have it looking its best - with a better price and turnaround time than a big-box guitar center, store, or dealer.
The Artisan Luthiers 11 Point Bass Setup
- Check/adjust neck relief (truss rod)
- Check/adjust bridge and saddles
- Check/adjust string radius and action
- Check/adjust pickup heights
- Check/adjust tuning machine heads tension
- Check nut and lube slots
- Polish fret wire (check for wear, rough ends, etc.)
- Condition fretboard (no conditioner on coated fretboards)
- Install new guitar strings
- Calibrate intonation (using Korg 3D Strobe Tuning Meter)
- Clean and polish body, neck, and hardware
We could call this a 22 Point Inspection, we just don't list the inspection apart from the work.
Bass Setup Cost
Our bass guitar setup price is among the most affordable bass set up prices in north metro Atlanta. Our base price does not include the cost of bass strings or nut modification work or other mods associated with changing string sizes. For your convenience we offer pickup and delivery service within a 10 mile radius of our guitar repair shop in Kennesaw.
- Ibanez Bass Setup (4-string or 5-string) $65 + bass strings.
- Schecter Bass Setup (4-string or 5-string) $65 + bass strings.
- Spector Bass Setup (4-string or 5-string) $65 + bass strings.
- Fender Bass Setup (4-string or 5-string) $65 + bass strings.
- B.C. Rich Bass Setup (4-string or 5-string) $65 + bass strings.
- Squier Bass Setup (4-string or 5-string) $65 + bass strings.
- Yamaha Bass Setup (4-string or 5-string) $65 + bass strings.
- Jackson Bass Setup (4-string or 5-string) $65 + bass strings.
- ESP LTD Bass Setup (4-string or 5-string) $65 + bass strings.
- Music Man Bass Setup (4-string or 5-string) $65 + bass strings.
- Warwick Bass Setup (4-string or 5-string) $65 + bass strings.
- Hofner Bass Setup (4-string) $65 + bass strings.
- Other Bass Brands (4-string or 5-string) $65 + bass strings.
How often should you get a bass setup?
For the average person, a bass setup should be done on your guitar approximately 1-2 times per year. This number could change quite a bit if you play a lot or your bass is subject to temperature and humidity fluctuations. Since a setup is done to improve sound and playability you should get a setup, at least a checkup, anytime things don't seem right. If you notice that the tone of your bass sounds odd it probably needs some form of technical adjustments.
Request a Bass Guitar Setup
Call 678-402-6739 or send us a message to set an appointment for your bass setup. We offer relatively fast turnaround, and deliver results that will make you smile.
Korg Tuner - Perfect Intonation
We accept cash, debit and major credit cards.