A professional electric guitar setup, aside how well you play, is how your guitar delivers the richest sound quality. A guitar set up balances the numerous settings that affect tuning, tone, and playability.
What Does a Setup Do for My Guitar?
A professional guitar setup effectively balances the numerous settings between the parts of your guitar. This enables proper tone and resolves playability problems such as incorrect intonation, fret buzz, fret out, rough fret ends, incorrect string height and pickup height. Inspecting and cleaning keeps your guitar looking great and can uncover hidden or potential problems.
What is Included in a Guitar Setup?
A guitar setup is a formal process which requires many guitar tech specialty tools. To complete a more precise guitar setup our shop utilizes a Korg strobe digital tuner. We will inspect key components and, based on what we find, make necessary mechanical adjustments. Often, items such as your truss rod do not need adjustment. We tailor our services to match factory guitar setup specifications (or better). We can customize your guitar setup to match your style and preferences.
Our guitar setup includes both making your guitar play well and have it looking its best - for a much better price and turnaround time than a big-box guitar center, store, or dealer.
The Artisan Luthiers 12 Point Guitar Setup
- Check/adjust neck relief (truss rod tension)
- Check/adjust bridge and saddles
- Check/adjust string radius and action
- Check/adjust pickup heights
- Check tremolo system (if so equipped)
- Check/adjust tightness on tuning machine heads
- Check nut and lube slots (no lube on Graph Tech TUSQ)
- Polish fret wire (check for wear, rough ends, etc.)
- Condition fretboard (no conditioner on coated fretboards)
- Install new guitar strings (using self-locking technique)
- Calibrate intonation (using Korg 3D Strobe Tuning Meter)
- Clean and polish body with a 3-step process
We could call this a 24 Point Inspection, we just don't list the inspection apart from the work.
Electric Guitar Setup Cost
Our electric guitar setup price is among the most affordable guitar set up prices in north metro Atlanta. Our base price does not include nut modification work or other mods associated with changing string sizes. Add $125 for a guitar with a Floyd Rose bridge. For your convenience we offer pickup and delivery service within a 10 mile radius of our guitar repair shop in Kennesaw.
- Ibanez Guitar Setup (4-string or 5-string) $55 + guitar strings.
- Schector Guitar Setup (4-string or 5-string) $55 + guitar strings.
- Spector Guitar Setup (4-string or 5-string) $55 + guitar strings.
- Fender Guitar Setup (4-string or 5-string) $55 + guitar strings.
- Squier Guitar Setup (4-string or 5-string) $55 + guitar strings.
- Jackson Guitar Setup (4-string or 5-string) $55 + guitar strings.
- Yamaha Setup (4-string or 5-string) $55 + guitar strings.
- Other Guitar Brands & Models (4-string or 5-string) $55 + guitar strings.
How often should you get a guitar setup?
For the average person, a guitar setup should be done on your guitar approximately 1-2 times per year. This number could change quite a bit if you play a lot or your guitar is subject to temperature and humidity fluctuations. Since a setup is done to improve sound and playability you should get a setup, at least a checkup, if things don't seem right. If you notice that the sound of your guitar sounds odd it probably does need some form of technical adjustments to be made.
Request a Guitar Setup
Call 678-402-6739 or send us a message to set an appointment for your guitar setup. We offer relatively fast turnaround, and deliver results that will make you smile.
Korg Tuner - Perfect Intonation
We accept cash, debit and major credit cards.